The Baltimore DanceTech Policies address the majority of questions that arise at dance school. In our continuing effort to ensure your child the highest possible quality of dance education, we ask for your cooperation by adhering to the following policies. We are proud of our school and our students and hope that your dance experience with us will be both enjoyable and educational. Thank you for choosing Baltimore DanceTech for your child's dance education.
- Students and parents are expected to conduct themselves properly at all times.
- The Directors reserve the right to dismiss any student whose conduct (or the conduct of his/her parent) conflicts with the standards (including rules and regulations) set by Baltimore DanceTech Inc.
- Visitors and parents are not permitted in the studio while class is in session.
- Students and guest shall refrain from loud conversation and boisterous behavior at all times out of respect for fellow students and others that share the building.
- Students are to be picked up promptly from class. Please instruct students to remain in the waiting area until they are picked up. Teachers cannot stay with students when class is dismissed due to consecutive classes. You will be charged a fee of $15.00 if your child is not picked within 15 minutes after the end of class. This fee must be paid before the student can return to class.
- There are ample parking spaces available. Please do not park in the spaces designated for the handicapped and church staff.
- Sometimes there are church activities in progress while we have class. We expect everyone to be respectful and behave properly.
- Parents please do not let your children play in the Sunday school rooms.
- The studios, waiting area and dressing rooms should be kept clean so that we have a neat and clean place to work and dance.
Classroom EtiquetteProper classroom etiquette is essential to the education and training of dancers.
- No gum chewing, eating, drinking or smoking is allowed in the studios.
- Talking, leaning on barre, yawning or leaving class before it is over is not acceptable.
- If a student needs to leave before class is over, he/she must ask to be excused by the teacher. Please do so discretely so as not to disrupt class.
- Eyes and attention must always be on the teacher.
- Be appreciative of corrections and apply them. Students will progress only as fast as they can take corrections.
- Do not talk back to the teacher regardless of the situation. It is improper to question the teacher's authority. If you have a problem talk to the teacher after class.
- Be kind to your classmates. Displays of temper and rudeness are unacceptable. Absolutely NO GOSSIP!!!!
- After class thank the teacher for class.
- Keep your things neat in the dressing area and use the trashcan.
- The established dress code will be strictly enforced. Students not in uniform will be asked to observe class for that day.
- The school uniform is a black leotard and Leo brand convertible tights. Each division wears a specific style leotard:
- Lower Division – Short sleeve or tank style leotard
- Upper Division – Short sleeve, tank, or camisole cotton leotard. Leotards with deep backs, crisscrossed strap, etc. are not permitted.
- Lower Division Students - Hair is to be worn up in a bun or neatly pulled back from face. Upper Division Students - hair is to be worn in a bun.
- Jewelry (earrings, watches, rings, necklaces, etc) is not permitted in class. These items should be left home.
- No tee shirts, sweatshirts, boxer shorts or loose fitting clothes are to be worn in class. It is important for the teachers to have a clear view of body alignment and muscle extension.
- Elastic is to be sewn on ballet slippers.
Regular class attendance is a must in order for students to progress effectively. Excessive absences may result in the student being placed in a lower class level. If your child is going to be absent, call the school so that the teacher can be notified before class begins.
Students are expected to be prompt for all classes. Students should arrive 10-15 minutes early for class in order to dress and begin to warm up. Students arriving 15 minutes after the start of class will be required to sit out.
Tuition and Payment Policies
- Tuition is based on the total yearly cost of the dance program. There will be no deductions made in tuition for late enrollment, holidays or illnesses.
- School fees include tuition, costumes, and tickets for the spring concert.
- School fees are payable in full at registration or in 7 equal monthly installments.
- School fees are due the first class of each month with receipt no later than the 10th of each month. A $15.00 late fee will be added for payments received after the 10th of the month.
- We do not send out statements. It is your responsibility to send your payments on time.
- We cannot accept postdated, third party or out of town checks.
- A service charge of $35.00 will be added to the outstanding class balance for returned checks. Only cash or a money order will be accepted thereafter.
- Classes may be discontinued at any time for non-payment of school fees.
- Costumes and concert tickets will not be released unless all fees have been paid.
- All school fees must be paid in full in order to participate in the concert.
Withdrawal and Refund Policies
There are no refunds and/or credits. If you must drop a class, advise us by the 10th of the preceding month. Failure to do so will result in you having to pay for one additional month’s tuition. Advance notice is required so we may fill any vacancies in a timely manner.
Age appropriate costumes will be selected for all classes. Costumes will be ordered in mid December and school fees must be current by December 10th. Costumes will not be ordered for any student whose account is not current.
Care of Property
Baltimore DanceTech Inc. will not be responsible for lost or stolen articles. We believe that students have a responsibility for the care of their own property and that of the school. Students are expected to:
- Leave all valuables at home.
- Label all clothing with her name.
- Keep all personal belongings inside of your dance bag.
- Be observant of other people’s property.
- Periodically check the lost and found for any misplaced items.
- Promptly report any accidental damage to the Directors or teacher.
School Bulletin Board
We often send notices home with students. All notices sent home will also be posted on the school bulletin board. It is the responsibility of parents to check with their child for notices and check the school bulletin board.
In case of inclement weather, call the school for a recorded message. There will be instances when Baltimore DanceTech is open and schools are closed. Use your discretion when deciding whether or not to send your child to dance school.
Baltimore DanceTech depends on the generous donation of time and talent of our families. Volunteers are needed in a variety of areas at different times of the year. If you or a family member would like to join the volunteer family, see Miss Yvonne to sign up.